In 1984, the Government of the Federation of St. Kitts and Nevis created a Citizenship by Investment Program to attract investors of good character. These investors would make a substantial contribution to St. Kitts and Nevis, thereby channeling capital into national development. The Citizenship by Investment Program allows applicants to become citizens of St. Kitts and Nevis, without a residency requirement. Once Citizenship is granted, passports may be easily obtained.
Benefits of St. Kitts and Nevis Citizenship
- Citizenship is in a British Commonwealth country
- Citizenship is for life and not revocable
- There is no residency requirement under the Citizenship by Investment Program
- St. Kitts and Nevis recognizes dual citizenship, and does not require people to renounce their current citizenship
- St. Kitts and Nevis passport-holders enjoy visa-free travel to many countries worldwide (including the United Kingdom, the European Union, and Hong Kong)
- Having a second citizenship may allow children to avoid military service in their home country
- Off-shore bank accounts, investments, and companies give unique opportunities for business and tax planning.