In 2016, the Government of Saint Lucia created a Citizenship by Investment Program to attract investors of good character. These investors would make a substantial contribution to Saint Lucia, thereby improving the country’s economy, and creating or continuing employment opportunities for Saint Lucia citizens.
The Citizenship by Investment Program allows applicants to invest in real estate, other projects, or the National Economic Fund, and become citizens of Saint Lucia with no residency requirement. Citizenship is granted in approximately 4 months, and passports may be quickly obtained thereafter.
Benefits of Saint Lucia Citizenship
- Fast Government processing.
- Citizenship is in a British Commonwealth country.
- Saint Lucia recognizes dual citizenship, and does not require people to renounce their current citizenship.
- Saint Lucia passport-holders enjoy visa-free travel to many countries worldwide.
- Having a second citizenship may allow children to avoid military service in their home country.
- Off-shore bank accounts, investments, and companies give unique opportunities for business and tax planning.
- No management experience requirement, no education requirement, no interview, and no language requirement.