To qualify under the Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program, the applicant must meet the following criteria
- Intend to settle in PEI, and to manage, invest in, or own a business in PEI.
- Make a minimum investment in a PEI business in accordance with Section 87 of the IRPA regulations.
- Have minimum $600,000 in Net Worth (principal applicant’s and spouse’s assets combined).
- Be able to document the source of funds for $600,000 (it must be earned through the applicant’s own endeavours; loans, gifts, and inheritance cannot be used).
- Be between 21 and 59 years of age.
- Have completed at least 12 years of school (completed secondary school).
- Have minimum 3 years (in the past 5 years) of transferrable management or business ownership experience, directly managing at least 3 employees.
- Have basic proficiency in English or French (minimum CLB 4).
All provincial forms may be downloaded here.
A comparison of residence programs may be found here.