In 2013, the Government of Antigua and Barbuda created a Citizenship by Investment Program to attract investors of good character. These investors would make a substantial contribution to Antigua and Barbuda, thereby channeling capital into national development. The Citizenship by Investment Program allows applicants to become citizens of Antigua and Barbuda, with a minimal residency requirement. Once Citizenship is granted, passports may be easily obtained.
Benefits of Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship
- Citizenship is in a British Commonwealth country.
- Antigua and Barbuda recognizes dual citizenship, and does not require people to renounce their current citizenship.
- Antigua and Barbuda passport-holders enjoy visa-free travel to many countries worldwide.
- Having a second citizenship may allow children to avoid military service in their home country.
- Off-shore bank accounts, investments, and companies give unique opportunities for business and tax planning.