To qualify for the Golden Visa Program, the following criteria must be met:
- The applicant must possess a valid passport and reside legally in a country.
- The applicant must be minimum age 25 years (no maximum age).
- The applicant must not be a citizen of the European Union.
- The applicant must purchase a property in Portugal at one of the investment levels: €500,000 (new/urban), €400,000 (new/rural),€350,000 (refurbished/urban),€280,000 (refurbished/rural). This investment must remain in place for minimum 5 years (or until applicant obtains citizenship).
- The applicant must pass a security background check.
To view or download a comparison of residence programs, please click here.