To qualify for the Golden Visa Program, the following criteria must be met:
- The applicant must possess a valid passport and reside legally in a country.
- The applicant must not be a citizen of the European Union.
- The applicant must be minimum age 25 years (no maximum age).
- The applicant must choose one of the following options: (1) purchase real estate (residential, commercial or plots) in the minimum amount of €500,000 (non-financed); or (2) transfer €1,000,000 to a Portuguese bank. These requirements/investments must remain in place for minimum 5 years (or until applicant obtains citizenship).
- The applicant must pass a security background check.
To view or download a comparison of residence programs, please click here.