Applicants whose interviews were cancelled due to COVID, or applicants newly invited for interview, will be contacted once the virtual meeting system is implemented. In order to attend the interview remotely, applicants must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Applicants must fulfill the exploratory visit requirements remotely: conduct research on PEI (housing market, schools for children, etc.), consult with lawyers and accountants (Confederation will coordinate this), and research their proposed business.
- Only the principal applicant and spouse may attend the virtual interview (no translator, other family member, friend, etc. may be in attendance, or the interview will cease immediately).
- Recording the interview is prohibited.
- Original PEI forms must be couriered to Confederation, for onward submission to the PEI Government prior to interview.
- Confederation will submit the business plan to the Government prior to the virtual interview.