To qualify under the Nova Scotia Nominee Program, the applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Intend to settle in NS, and to manage, invest in, or own a business in NS (min. $150,000 investment).
- Have minimum $600,000 in Net Worth, and be able to document its legal source.
- Be minimum age 21.
- Have completed at least 12 years school (completed high school), verified by an Educational Credential Assessment.
- Be living legally in a country (have legal status in that country).
- Have minimum 3 years (in the last 10 years) of business ownership experience (min. 33.3% ownership); or minimum 5 years (in the last 10 years) of senior management experience.
- Have basic proficiency in English or French (minimum CLB 5).
- Pass a security background check and medical check.
All provincial forms may be downloaded here.
A comparison of residence programs may be found here.