To qualify under the New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program, the applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Intend to settle in NB, and to invest in, or own a business in NB (min. $250,000 investment).
- Have an eligible connection to NB (participated in an NB overseas promotional event, made an exploratory visit to NB, studied at a NB post-secondary institution, worked in NB, or have family in NB).
- Present a business concept with the potential to provide economic benefit to NB.
- Be between 22 and 55 years of age.
- Have completed at least 2 years of post-secondary education (after high school).
- Have minimum 3 years (in the last 5 years) of business ownership/management experience (min. 33.3% ownership); or 5 years (in the last 5 years) of senior management experience, directly managing at least 2 employees.
- Have basic proficiency in English or French (minimum CLB 5 in all categories).
- Have minimum $600,000 in Net Worth ($300,000 in liquid/unencumbered funds).
- Be able to document the source of funds for $600,000.
- Score at least 65 points on the Self-Assessment.
- Pass a security background check and medical check.
All provincial forms may be downloaded here.
A comparison of residence programs may be found here.